Newnigma and .srt file

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Newnigma and .srt file

Hi,

Thanks Newnigma2 team for the great work, here is my problem:

I'm using last version of newnigma image in my dm 800, .mkv files work fine now with .srt subtitles files, but for arabic subtitles no it give me strange codes like chinese "uncoded".

any idea plz...

tnx in advance!
    • you must convert your subtitle file to UTF-8 character encoding. this can be performed with this linux command

iconv Prison.Break.S04E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt --from-code=CP1256 -o Prison.Break.S04E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt
      Dateien

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von vulpix ()

• thanks for help,

I did what did u say, but i'm getting an error "cannot convert"

root@dm800:~# cd /media/hdd/movie
      root@dm800:/media/hdd/movie# iconv Prison.Break.S04E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION
      srt --from-code=CP1256 -o Prison.Break.S04E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt
      00:00:01,110 --> 00:00:02,990
      iconv: Prison.Break.S04E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt: cannot convert
      iconv: --from-code=CP1256

Any idea plz?

best regards
    • actually i am sorry... the syntax no the mipsel version differs from the version that i had tried it with on my desktop linux pc

so the correct way on the box would be:

iconv -f CP1256 -t UTF-8 Prison.Break.S04E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt > tmp
      cp tmp Prison.Break.S04E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von vulpix ()

• Originally posted by vulpix
      actually i am sorry... the syntax no the mipsel version differs from the version that i had tried it with on my desktop linux pc

so the correct way on the box would be:

iconv -f CP1256 -t UTF-8 Prison.Break.S04E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt > tmp
      cp tmp Prison.Break.S04E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt

Great tnx mate, i've tried to convert my sub file with first commande in my linux pc and with second commande in my DM, both work fine now...

Best regards to the best team...keep it up
    • Here is another matter but not only in newnigma2 image it's for enigma2 and enigma1 images...

it's related to subtitles and epg details, for example here is a normal arabic words:

انها مشكلة بجميع
      صور الدريم بوكس

In DM using a subtitles file or in arabic epg details it show like this:

صور الدريم بوكس
      انها مشكلة بجميع

so i have to read it from down to up "not easy for me"...going to break my brain 8)

Best regards
    • Originally posted by sat4all
      Here is another matter but not only in newnigma2 image it's for enigma2 and enigma1 images...

it's related to subtitles and epg details, for example here is a normal arabic words:

انها مشكلة بجميع
      صور الدريم بوكس

In DM using a subtitles file or in arabic epg details it show like this:

صور الدريم بوكس
      انها مشكلة بجميع

so i have to read it from down to up "not easy for me"...going to break my brain 8)

Best regards

Hmmm the board don't support arabic too =)

any way here is a attached file with the matter:

Download
    • srt subtitles

Hello

I have a DM800 with HDD 250 GB and I have tried for several times to activate the subtitles on my mkv movies without sucess.

They work with wich version of newnigma ??

Thank you
    • RE: srt subtitles

Originally posted by aguenta
      Hello

I have a DM800 with HDD 250 GB and I have tried for several times to activate the subtitles on my mkv movies without sucess.

They work with wich version of newnigma ??

Thank you

MKVs work quit with last newnigma 2.2.3

Cheers