Picons on 500hd

• Picons on 500hd

Hi Guys

Can some one tell me how i go about installing Picons on my box just dowloaded the lastest E2 image any screenshot would be great i no expert on setting things up so please be easy with me. reply in english only

Many Thanks
    • Originally posted by nightmann
      Use our onlineinstaller in newnigma2 service menue

i hope i done this right

Blue Button

Add Addition software

online installer

added E2 picon-hd-sat-astrahotbird-hell

took 5mins to install rebooted box no picon showing is any other changes i need to do?

got 80cm dish at 28.2E

Many Thanks
    • it isn't that complicated. ;)
      Open "Blue" -> Newnigma²-Menue -> OSD-Settings and change "Skin Picon Folder" to "flash", reboot. Thats it. ;)
      "Remember, if it's psychobilly, it's gotta have some rockabilly in it somwhere. It ain't just punk with a double bass." (P.Paul Fenech)
    • Originally posted by LoUiS
      it isn't that complicated. ;)
      Open "Blue" -> Newnigma²-Menue -> OSD-Settings and change "Skin Picon Folder" to "flash", reboot. Thats it. ;)

only options i getting are Expert (picons) or Internal Flash
      So where is the question? Select flash, reboot and all is fine! But i already wrote this in my last post.

Sorry i done what you said there no option there for "flash" only setting i am getting are Expert (picons) or Internal Flash tried both. rebooted no picon in the info bar
    • I think you installed the picons to your flash, so you have of course to choose "internal flash".
      If the picons aren't shown after setting to flash, you have to check if the folder picon and/or piconHD (depends on if youinstalled HD or SD picons) is found in your dm500hd.
      "Remember, if it's psychobilly, it's gotta have some rockabilly in it somwhere. It ain't just punk with a double bass." (P.Paul Fenech)
      I think you installed the picons to your flash, so you have of course to choose "internal flash".
      If the picons aren't shown after setting to flash, you have to check if the folder picon and/or piconHD (depends on if youinstalled HD or SD picons) is found in your dm500hd.

I have added E2 picon-hd-sat-astrahotbird-hell from the list also i have changed skin to HD. also noticed there is no picon file in plugin browser
      anyone know which is best to install from quite alot off them on the list

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von GiftedOne ()

• you wrote:

"got 80cm dish at 28.2E"

but you installed:

"E2 picon-hd-sat-astrahotbird-hell"

You have to install picons for 28.8° and not for 19.2° and 13°.
      you wrote:

"got 80cm dish at 28.2E"

but you installed:

"E2 picon-hd-sat-astrahotbird-hell"

You have to install picons for 28.8° and not for 19.2° and 13°.

Thanks would kindly point me to one as i cant see 28.2E in the list

Many thanks
    • Sorry, but i do not know anything about 28.8°, as i only use 13° and 19.2°. If there is not entry for 28.8, than IMHO there are no picons on the feed available, sorry.
      But if you'll find picons from a different source, you can copy them to /picon or /piconHD, depending on your current skin (HD or SD).
      But be aware that there is limited flash memory resources. Copying to much picons will lead to an overloaded flash and as a result to a crashing image. So i would advise to first remove the astrahotbird package before copying other picons to the folder.
    • thanks i found picons from a different source where will i have put this file. is it in the DCC if so where? you been a great help in taking your time out to help me who is completly new to this stuff
    • Again i am sorry, but i do not use DCC myself. ;)
      In general, you have to copy (via ftp) the picon files to either "/picon", if you use a SD skin, or to "/piconHD", if you use a HD skin.
      There will be a lot of small single files to copy to the folder, not only one file. I think, if you got a single file, it is compressed and you have to unpack it first. One picon file per available station.
      Again i am sorry, but i do not use DCC myself. ;)
      In general, you have to copy (via ftp) the picon files to either "/picon", if you use a SD skin, or to "/piconHD", if you use a HD skin.
      There will be a lot of small single files to copy to the folder, not only one file. I think, if you got a single file, it is compressed and you have to unpack it first. One picon file per available station.

i have opened FTP then opened picon folder then copy my picon file now the problem they showing but the picon are not full size
      Bilder
      • pic1.jpg

269,6 kB, 1.792×1.344, 1.457 mal angesehen
      • pic3.jpg

302,93 kB, 1.792×1.344, 1.429 mal angesehen

• The picons you've downloaded are to big to fit to the infobar, you have to resize them to 100x60 Pixel for HD.

Btw.: I found a thread, where you can download matching HD picons: HD-Picons (13.0°, 19.2°, 23,5° & 28.2°) - TRANSPARENTER Background
    • Originally posted by GiftedOne
      Originally posted by LoUiS
      The picons you've downloaded are to big to fit to the infobar, you have to resize them to 100x60 Pixel for HD.

Btw.: I found a thread, where you can download matching HD picons: HD-Picons (13.0°, 19.2°, 23,5° & 28.2°) - TRANSPARENTER Background

thanks i give them a try once i get to my pc in couple hours time do you know if i can resize the ones i got?

i have tried the ones you posted but getting same problem :(

also the ones i got are 100x60 pixels