v.3.3 Vs EPG

• hello,

since xmlimport rytec is now disabled with the new E2, how do you guys get your 7 days epg with the new newnigma2 release ?

i can't migrate to v3.3 if i loose the epg :(
      Is there an alternative plugin we can use to get a decent EPG on the latest image ?

thanks team !
    • RE: v.3.3 Vs EPG

Iam using OTA EPG on two sattelite positions. Just find the transponders that sends out 7 days of EPG and setup up timers that zaps to those channels at night.

Every internet EPG services i have tried xmltvimport and crossepg haven't been stable enough in my experience.
    • Usually our sattelite carrier eg. the provider / package delivere (examples Sky Germany, Canal Digital etc.) uses a transponder where there are several channels that sends out EPG information for their own recievers.

That transponder or better yet those specific channels you should find first.

Then add them as zap timers in the timers menu.
    • crossepg has the same issue.

I tried v3.3 and ran into crashes trying to use various web based epg collectors, so I went back to v3.2

I sent an email to Dream Support, they confirmed there will be an alternative DMM EPG system in the licence locked Enigma2, but such system won't be ready for a long time (!!)

Once again, anything not related to the German market is considered small issues, and not worth considering seriously...

extended EPG is of key importance for a modern PVR !

rant over, sorry.
    • Original von vander54
      Original von Tripleinside
      extended EPG is of key importance for a modern PVR !

I totaly agree with you, it's a DMM issue, but they are not watching on 28.2 :(

Stuck on 3.2 for ages I guess...

Please notice this thread:
      The problem has been solved by at least 2 users.
      It works fine for me since the installation of the last Cross EPG version (attached as .zip file in the thread mentioned above)

Cross EPG im NN 3.3 ?
    • yep, it works for me !

DM8000 with NN3.3.1

prerequisites:
      if you had xmltv import plugin installed before, remove it, and remove the epg_new.dat file which was used before, see here

If you had an earlier version of crossepg installed, uninstall it, when done, delete manually (using DCC or another FTP client), all "crossepg" folders.

installation:
      install crossepg 0.6.2 (link in my previous post), and reboot enigma2

setup:
      go to = menu/settings/crossepg/configure=
      settings line by line:

hard drive
      no
      yes
      yes
      once a day
      04:00
      no
      yes
      yes
      yes
      no

then go to XMLTV Providers, and select your sources (in my case, "Rytec France" and "Rytec Germany/austria/swiss xmltv" since my dish points to astra 19.2)

when done, exit from the menus,( back to a channel), press blue button and select "CrossEPG Downloader"

It will connect, deflate the tar packages, and parse the channels. It'ss reboot enigma 2 when done, pronto, you get 7 days EPG !

Last night, the import launched at 4AM and worked also, something XMLTV plugin never managed to do on my box before.

hope this helps

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Tripleinside ()

• Until now, I used rytec xmltv provider also.
      But I found out that using xepgdb.xml provider instead of xmltv works at lest 100 times faster!

Update xepgdb.xml provider and choose the sat-provicers in xepgdb.
      There you could use the "rytec repackaged xml...." for your channels.

Proceed like in previous posting

DAMN, that's fast. Parsing takes a fraction of time.
      OScam Wiki | OScam Documentation | Build your own OScam with simplebuild
      Better a 'found' without entitlements than a 'not found' with valid entitlements.
    • I've installed the latest crossepg, but it's only updating some of the channels. I've selected Rytek Norway XLMTV, but it's only updating discovery, animal planet and another irrelevant channel. Any ideas how I can get the nordic specific channels?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von svingstang ()

• hmmm... make sure your sources are up to date ? maybe add another package to your parsing. In my case, some channels i watch are not on the french csat provider, this is why i download the german package also.

Bit= i'll try ! thanks !

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Tripleinside ()

• Bit= I confirm, it works ! it's missing the EPG for a couple of channels (W9 and animal planet) but it's not too important for me.

The process on the DM8000 is like 15 seconds !! it's MUCH faster than the xmltv source indeed !! thanks !