oscam

• /usr/bin/oscam: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "("

choose binary as FTP transfer-mode not ASCII

Weird, i feel like a newbee, i just can't get it work.

take it easy, we are newbie-friendly :D
    • I'll try tomorrow.
      Guess what happen....Old hp pavillon slimline pc, cpu fan stop rotating, but i didn't realise.
      CPU and everything around it burned/melt !
      Wohoooo, a classic meltdown. (it function as server, was 24/7 on for 5 years). just install new server pc, with kubuntu amd64.
      Almost done setting up (only i2P apps.
      So tomorrow i'll try binary (sounds logical). Filezilla was on automatic, changed it to binary to prevent acsii)
      Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (1.5TB hdd / BD-r(w) / 4GB cf & Newnigma2-unstable) - 2x DiSEqC 4/1 switch - 4x Smart Titanium 0.1 db Universal Twin LNB (13.0E/19.2E/23.5E/28.2E) - Visiosat Bisat HD dish.
      Member of opensat4all.com

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von jeroensky ()

• Thanks all.
      It worked like a charm.
      Reason why it went wrong at my side was: FTP client transfer in acsii mode instead of binary.
      That's why oscam get corrupted each time i transfer the fresh downloaded oscam.

Awesome to use the most recent OScam, now i know all new type of settings are working 100% ok. (used to prevent the new function of canaldigitaal smartcard that go on block when using more then 4 decryptions at same time)

Best oscam is....from the source, the OScam download center.
      Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (1.5TB hdd / BD-r(w) / 4GB cf & Newnigma2-unstable) - 2x DiSEqC 4/1 switch - 4x Smart Titanium 0.1 db Universal Twin LNB (13.0E/19.2E/23.5E/28.2E) - Visiosat Bisat HD dish.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von jeroensky ()

• Hello all.
      Funny to see messages of me from a few years ago.
      Meanwhile i'm a satisfied OScam user.

I have just a question. Since a few months we have a oscam-fpu version specially for HD Dreamboxes.
      Then OScam is running on the Floating Point Unit chip and not the central processing unit. I really prefer that on our HD Dreambox, because the cpu is not that heavy (like 450MHz dualcore).
      Here is the binary download location.

My question is, i have a DM8000, flashed it with Newnigma2-unstable, and choose oscam-experimental.
      Is that the oscam_oe20 version or the oscam_fpu version? Because the oscam_fpu works faster on a HD dreambox (it doesn't use the cpu but the fpu, so cpu is less loaded so faster.). As far as i know a fpu chip is only on HD Dreamboxes. (with newer cpu's it's the cpu that does floating point calculations)

Can somebody check if it's the oscam_fpu version? The oscam-experimental from Newnigma-unstable DM8000 feed?

p.s. for OScam newbees, i created 2 helpful OScam topics here.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von jeroensky ()