2 Small problems with my 500HD

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• 2 Small problems with my 500HD

Hello, i am not new to these boards, even though i just registered, i have been using newnigma images for almost 3-4 years now, i had been always using workarounds on my problems, but my latest 2, i can't seem to fix, so here is how it goes.

My network is kinda complex at my house :

I have a big desktop computer running linux mint 12, with shared folders, that i have mounted on my dm500hd.

While i use my dm as a satellite receiver, i also use it a lot as a media player.
      I recently bought a 3dtv and i am having couple of problems.

First of all and most important, when i trying to see a movie from my network and its a 3D one, it plays just fine, but when i try to see subtitles on the dm, it looks really bad, exactly like the menu when you have your tv on 3d mode. Is there a way to fix this ? ( One workaround i found is to load up the movie to a usb drive and play it from the tv, but that requires a lot of time, and tbh i want to be able to stream it right away with no hassle ).
      Also since i am greek, i enjoy watching movies with subtitles on my own native language, i have yet to find a way to change the encoding of the subs, so that i can use a subtitle of my native language. Is there a way to configure subs ?
      And last but not least, i am struggling to make crossepg play correctly, since i am not using a esata drive, but a mounted one to use as an internal one, and i have made some settings to make crossepg work, sometimes i get epg sometimes not.

Mostly i watch Sky uk, and nova greece. I am using xepdgb and i am loading up Rytek Sky UK and Rytek Nova Greece, but even though it correctly does everything it does, i fail to get epg correctly shown. Any thoughts as of this ? I have been reading a lot, but everything is from 2010 and even before and nothing seems to work correctly.

If anyone can help me i would be glad, thanks for reading.

Best Regards,
      George.
    • Still thats not the case, there isnt a way to fix the menus while on 3d on your DM ?

I mean this is retarded , hasnt DM Multimedia understood that there are 3dtv's out there ?

I fixed the EPG issue by downgrading to 3.2.2 and everything is working now, but the whole subtitle thing is really bad.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von sedde ()

• So i found that you can fix the menu by installing 3dsettings.

I did download the plugin from the unstable feed and i installed it, but i get the following errors :

Some plugins are not available:
      SystemPlugins/3DSettings ([Errno 2] No such file or directory:
      '/proc/stb/fb/primary/zoffset')

How to fix this error ?
    • You must distinguish between "the EPG isnt working" and "rytec isn't working correctly"
      The normal EPG works like a charm !

So you can only try to update the drivers (dreambox-dvb-modules)
    • Do you really think that we all watching TV without a Programm Guide ? =)
      Bilder
      • epg.jpg

140,62 kB, 1.024×576, 2.037 mal angesehen
      • epg2.jpg

134,36 kB, 1.024×576, 1.776 mal angesehen
    • I have this issue too.
      Rytec is working properly (because it works on older newnigma2 image, and it works on other images).
      It has to do with how newnigma2 reads the new_epg.dat file that rytec stores. (or issue is newnigma 3.3.2 don't read it).

The epg from the channels itselves(by satellite) is only a few hours ahead, while xmltv epg (like rytec0 is at least a whole week, so better for programming.)

Try it yourself, rytec xmltv plugin/import can be downloaded here. (scroll down to XMLTV PLUGIN)

I already try to configutre epg in newnigma2 so that it uses same location/filename for epg.dat as rytec use to store, but that didn't work.
      Seems like newnigma2 is only reading from satellite signals.

This epg issue is for me the only downside of newnigma2 3.3.2
      Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (1.5TB hdd / BD-r(w) / 4GB cf & Newnigma2-unstable) - 2x DiSEqC 4/1 switch - 4x Smart Titanium 0.1 db Universal Twin LNB (13.0E/19.2E/23.5E/28.2E) - Visiosat Bisat HD dish.
      Member of opensat4all.com

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von jeroensky ()

• Originally posted by sparksofinsanity
      Do you really think that we all watching TV without a Programm Guide ? =)

A programguide that has info of at least a week? from xml import (internet instead of satellite).
      Can you tell me how to feed your epg with at least a week of correct info?
      Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (1.5TB hdd / BD-r(w) / 4GB cf & Newnigma2-unstable) - 2x DiSEqC 4/1 switch - 4x Smart Titanium 0.1 db Universal Twin LNB (13.0E/19.2E/23.5E/28.2E) - Visiosat Bisat HD dish.
    • Originally posted by sparksofinsanity
      CrossEPG doesn't work

I read about that (but i didn't find a plugin in the feed with that name.)
      When is crossepg fixed?
      Thanks for reply.

• Ok, i'll try that..Thanks for link to info. Didn't found that one.
      Ah crossepg is in previous link.

• After installing cross epg, exit 0 is at correct place.
      Issue is that
      /usr/crossepg/crossepg_epgmove.sh
      is completely missing.
      If i got it working, i'll make a short rytec epg howto in english.