Autoresolution Plugin(pub. beta)

• Ich habe das Plugin für Newnigma installiert (Image ist Newnigma 2.13), das Plugin funktioniert soweit auch ohne Probleme, es gibt nur ein kleines Problem.
      Wenn ich die Box herunterfahre bzw. stromlos mache läuft das Plugin nach dem Einschalten der Box nicht, erst ein Aufruf über das Servicemenü erweckt es wieder zum Leben.
      Was kann man da machen?
    • Es war auch eher eine rhetorische Frage. ;)
      Aber richtig witzig finde ich, das das Plugin heute früh beim Kaltstart der Box das erste mal allein gestartet ist.
      Das war aber ungelogen bei den letzten paar Tagen nicht so (ich fahre die Box nachts immer herunter), nun ja ich werde mal weiter beobachten und mich ggf. noch einmal melden.
    • Hi,

Thank you for this plugin, it seems to work OK.

Recently I am playing some blueray backups (changed container from M2TS to TS), and it seems they have some different resolutions like 1920x816.
      It seems that the DM800 simply stretches it to 1920x1080 and that is not good.

1) Is it possible to set the DM800's output resolution to something custom like 1920x816 ? Or can it only handle the regular formats like 1920x1080 ?

2) If the output resolution cannot be something like 1920x816 then the DM800 needs to add black bars to it and change res to 1920x1080.
      (It must not stretch it as it is doing now.)

Thank you anyways,

H2Deetoo

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von H2Deetoo ()

• Resolution change on old images

Hi all,

Just start the script below from init.d and run it in the background.
      Output resolution will change according to the resolution of the stream being watched. Feel free to modify it to suit your needs. Should work with any image (even old ones)!!

Enjoy!

# 2/9/2008
      # DM800 auto resolution change by RedNax
      # Just start this script to run in background

while [ 1 ]
      do

res=`cat /proc/stb/vmpeg/0/yres`

case $res in
      438)
      echo 1080i > /proc/stb/video/videomode
      ;;
      2d0)
      echo 720p > /proc/stb/video/videomode
      ;;
      240)
      echo 576p > /proc/stb/video/videomode
      ;;
      esac
      sleep 1s
      done
    • thanks, das plugin ist super !
      habe es jetzt seit einiger zeit am testen und läuft bisher ohne
      probleme. auch die umschaltzeiten von sd->hd von box und tv sind auf
      meinem plasma recht erträglich...

achja, das plugin läuft bei mir auch nach ausschalten > stromlos > neustart
      ohne es neu zu aktivieren.. habs ein paar mal getestet.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von dosenpils ()

• Ich muss wohl eine etwas verkorkste 800er Installation haben, nachdem das Plugin 3 Tage gleich beim Hochfahren der Box lief, geht es nun wieder seit einigen Tagen nur wenn ich es händisch anschubse - irgendwie komisch das ganze...
    • Anbei eine neue CVS Version. Vorherige Versionen sollten erst deinstalliert werden.

Benötigt wird ein enigma2(>=2.5cvs20080805) und enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-videomode.

Zu finden ist das Plugin nach der Installation unter Menü-Taste-->Einstellungen-->System-->Autoresolution

@Rednax:
      a shell script wich loops in one second steps is not really a good idea.
      Dateien
    • hi
      thank's for this nice and usefull plugin
      my TV have a "cinema mode" to see 4/3 in full screen without image deformation, this mode work only in 480 or 576 , if i use 720 or 1080 TV is automatic in full screen 16/9 mode
      so i have do a modification at the original script to use this function

while [ 1 ]
      do
      aspect=`cat /proc/stb/vmpeg/0/aspect`
      res=`cat /proc/stb/vmpeg/0/yres`

case $aspect in
      3)
      case $res in
      438)
      echo 1080i > /proc/stb/video/videomode
      ;;
      2d0)
      ;;
      240)
      ;;
      esac
      ;;
      2)
      echo 576p > /proc/stb/video/videomode
      ;;

esac
      sleep 1s
      done

i put all time my TV on "cinema mode" , when it's 4/3 576 picture i see in full screen without pan&scan or deformation , when it's 16/9 576 picture , TV is switched in resolution 720 so Tv is automatic in full 16/9 screen , and sure if 720 or 1080 , natural resoltion is used
      like this all time i have picture without deformation or bad pan&scan and without black border

it will be nice to add this trick, in the python plugin,
    • new Version
      - progressive detection support added
      - small gui window informs about new mode in upper left corner
      - Testmode added. Switch automatically back to old mode if you not confirmed new mode

needs enigma2 from today 20080928 and depends on enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-videomode.

@equeorto2:
      720 and 1080 Mode are defined as 16:9 Mode in the specs.
      Dateien
    • @nightmann
      sure
      problem is only aspect ratio in 576 ,
      if aspect ratio = 16/9 in 576 forcing a TV in 720 or 1080 like this TV is in 16/9 mode and picture aspect is ok without change aspect ratio on remote control's TV
      if aspect ratio = 4/3 in 576 , use 576 like this TV set is on default aspect ratio ( for mine TV set is nammed "cinema mode") and picture is ok full screen without deformation or bad & scan (on video mode on eningma setup i use just scale option for 4/3 picture) .
    • I have the same wish as equeorto2.

On my Philips LCD, I prefer watching 4:3 programs in [14:9] mode (the top and bottom of the picture are slightly cropped, but the left and right black bars are thinner, the picture is not distorted and the screen surface is better used).
      Unfortunately, in [14:9] mode, the Philips considers 16:9 programs as if they were 4:3 and squashes the picture horizontally. In [auto] mode, 16:9 programs are correctly displayed, but 4:3 programs are then streched horizontally. This means that I must manually change the TV mode according to the program aspect to get the image I want.
      In 720p mode, the [14:9] mode is not available, so 16:9 programs are displayed correctly, but 4:3 programs have wide left and black bars.

As the Philips remembers the scaling mode independently for each reolution mode, the ideal situation would be :
      - 576i 4:3 programs use 576i and [14:9] mode -> OK
      - 576i 16:9 programms use 720p and [auto] mode -> OK

For test purposes, I have patched the autoresolution plugin so that it behaves as stated above.
      The patched plugin works OK for me.
      The only drawback is that the 576i -> 720p conversion impacts the image quality (deinterlacing + scaling by the DreamBox) - so it is a tradeoff between having to manually change the TV settings or suffering a non optimal picture.

If somebody is interested, I can publish my changes.

M.
    • Ok, here it is.

As it is experimental, there is no install package.
      You have to install it by :
      - unziping the 4 files in the archive
      - copying them to the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoResolution directory, overwriting the existing files (it might be wise to backup them first).
      - restarting Enigma2

In the AutoResolution setup menu, there will be a new resolution named "576iw", with "w" as "wide" or 16:9. You can assign it a different mode than the plain "576i".
      The 576iw mode will be used when the program is broadcasted in 576i and the aspect ratio is 16:9. The plain 576i mode will be used for 576i 4:3 programs.

This has been compiled for and tested on a DM8000 with the latest CVS. It should work on a DM800 too, but I cannot guarantee it.

Enjoy.

M.
      Dateien