Flashing New Image

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Flashing New Image

Hi, I am new to all of this and would love to know how to Flash an update image.
      I have a dreambox 800 HD PVR and it is running Enigma: 2010-09-22-experimenta IMAGE: Newnigma2-Release-2010-09-25l and would like to update with yhe latest version of Newnigma.
      1. Do I need to back up anything beforehand
      2. I will be using the Browser to Flash new image
      3. What is the best latest stable version and where can I get it.

Many Thanks
      Bryan
    • The image you are using is so old that you have to flash a new second stage loader for dm800.
      dreamboxupdate.com/download/7020/secondstage-dm800-84.nfi
      You do this the same way you flash image, with browser.
      Here is how to do that :
      dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm800-flashing-firmware-browser

After you have updated secondstage-dm800-84.nfi, you have to shoot down the dreambox and flash it with new image, the same way you update secondstage-dm800-84.nfi.

The new stable newnigma2 4.0.4 image you can download from here :

Newnigma2.to/wbb3/index.php?pa…DBFileDownload&dataID=116

I don't know what bacup you can take from the old image you are using, so I have install
      a compete new one.

Regards
      force100s

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4
    • Hi force100s, Thanks for the great reply. I am a bit nervous in case I crash the box but I will try and let you know how I get on.
      Will I have to reinstall the lines from my service supplyer and cross epg again
      Bryan
    • Hi force100s, Thanks for the great reply. I am a bit nervous in case I crash the box but I will try and let you know how I get on.
      Will I have to reinstall the lines from my service supplyer and cross epg again
      Bryan

Yes.
      (You can take backup of the line from the old image.)

CrossEPG is easy to set up, you do this in a couple of minutes, after install the CrossEPG
      Plugins.
      Her it's a post you can read, and in this post there is the right CrossEPG Plugins to download and install.
      newnigma2.to/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=20127

Regards
      force100s

• How do I take backup of line from old image. I tried to flash the Second stage loader that you sent me but when I hit flash I sat for 20min and nothing happens.
      The version of second stage boot loader I have installed is BUILD 76, build 20100419.
      I cant seem to get the one you gave me the link to on to my dreambox.
      Help please. ;( ;(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von walsheb ()

• How do I take backup of line from old image. I tried to flash the Second stage loader that you sent me but when I hit flash I sat for 20min and nothing happens.
      The version of second stage boot loader I have installed is BUILD 76, build 20100419.
      I cant seem to get the one you gave me the link to on to my dreambox.
      Help please. ;( ;(

It's the right one, you have Dreambox 800hd. (Maby you have a clone?)
      You can read about it here :
      dreamboxupdate.com/

Backup of your line, you find it in the emu config file.
      I don't known what emu you are running.
      Mgcamd,,you most take backup of newcmd.list in dreambox directory /usr /keys
      Cccam, you most take backup of CCcam.cfg in dreambox directory /etc
      You can find out more about were the emu config file is located in the dreambox using different emu.
      You line is in Config files, just open link under :
      dream-zone.dk/WebFiles/emu_dream.html

You download the file from drembox to your pc, tablet using ftp program.
      And after you install new image, you download the emu you use on the old image, and
      you ftp the emu config file you download from the old image, and ftp the same file over to the drembox, on the new image, in the same directory you get the file from your old image.
      Then it should working.

Hope you understand, it's difficult for me to explain this by teaspoon, it is many years since I was newbie on this.

Regards
      force100s

• Hi force 100s,
      I installed an older version of firefox to flash and it seem to work to flash the second bootloader but when I rebooted the box it has crashed with an error and it wont reboot. I am now stuck. I tried to install DreamUp on to my computer to try and Flash this way but says no COM port detected, I tried on 3 different machines with 3 different OS but still get NO COM PORT detected.

Bryan
    • Hi force 100s,
      I installed an older version of firefox to flash and it seem to work to flash the second bootloader but when I rebooted the box it has crashed with an error and it wont reboot. I am now stuck. I tried to install DreamUp on to my computer to try and Flash this way but says no COM port detected, I tried on 3 different machines with 3 different OS but still get NO COM PORT detected.Bryan

Ok.
      You said you have flash the second strange bootloader 84,but the box don't start again.
      You can try to flash the box with new image using ie browser, (that is the browser in dream multimedia's guide for flash new image with browser) do it the same way you flash secondstage-dm800-84.nfi file, turn off the dreambox and start up dreambox in flash mode.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.
      Standby is not enough!
      See the rest rest here: dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm800-flashing-firmware-browser

Regards
      force100s
    • what about second stage loader for dm800

hello,
      I use an old version of newnigma on my dm800hd; I have 2 questions...
      1- How to read the version of Newnigma and the 2nd stage I"m using ??
      2- I certainly use an old second stage loader for dm800, can I directly install the last version (the v84 ?) without any problem ??

many thx
      michael :)
    • I have original DM 800 HD, about 6 years old and since couple of years ago I can not flash any image via web browser. It simply stops on different percentage when doing it. I tried different computers, tried differen browsers, even old browsers like Firefox 3 or so, and nothing helped. So everytime I need to flash image I need to use DreamUP and again without network options as the same problem appears. Only DreamUP old way comport and waiting for image to flash about 80 minutes or so.
      second stage v84 is already there, tried many times, even tried original image first, different images, nothing helped.

What is going on ?