Wishes for the upcoming Newnigma² images

• You definitely posted your 1st message in the wrong topic, but here´s how:

send ipk package to/tmp, press blue-newnigma2 services-manage additional software-offline installer and there you go.
    • Originally posted by cds1968
      Official support of use with Barry Allen would be nice... :]

I think this wish will never be filled, because it will cause to much support issues with different other images installed with BA. ;)
      "Remember, if it's psychobilly, it's gotta have some rockabilly in it somwhere. It ain't just punk with a double bass." (P.Paul Fenech)
    • RE: Wishes for the upcoming Newnigma² images

I would like dreambox remote to have little different functions behind the buttons, to
      make remote control use more efficient. Basicly dreambox in general has too deep
      menu design, when it could be more efficient and faster. More like open menu and
      keep function fast, not multible submenus.

First there is no reason to have four remote control buttons open channel menu.

"Bouquet" buttons should be for favour folder selection. Not menu or channel list
      where You select, but direct action to swich between favoured foulders if they exists.
      Don't put same actions behind different buttons.

Also you should consider that channel selection and epg information could be in one page.

Info button has EPG channel info in first page when pressed. This should be in epg
      program list page. When info is pressed, it should show directly the EPG list for that
      channels program list.

In menu selection has some information what could fit better in other places.

Examples:

"Subtext" behind the menu is okey there but could fit better behind audio button in
      remote control. This is because when you go behind audio selection, user is trying to
      set languages, so why not do the subtext same time too and not go behind menu to
      do it.

"Timer" behind the menu would fit better in EPG (info) or Video button. Mostly because
      menu is there for system settings and timer is more connected to recording programs,
      based epg and stored video records.

"Information" behind menu would be better behind info button in remote control, next
      to EPG. Where user can find all information related the channel.

Menu = System settings
      Info = Information about the channel and program.
      Audio = Audio & subtext language selection
      Video = Recorded programs and they control

Base idea is to reduse menu like action from the most important needs. Keep them
      where users really needs. Don't waste good buttons for something what user hardly
      ever use or have many keys for same function, but them behind menu. Use the direct
      action buttons when user need fast actions. Example browsing channels, favoured
      lists, recording, getting info about the channel, selectin audio, selectin subtext,
      swiching between tv, radion and other function. Don't waste them, make them
      combact and fast.

Some examples:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i37.tinypic.com/2m7cb9w.jpg]
      When you go channel selection, you should see directly part of program list. So, that
      user doesn't has to go EPG to look what's comming soon.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i38.tinypic.com/foob9s.jpg]
      This should be first screen what comes after user push "info" button in remote.
      No point to waste users time, when you can keep the information more compact.
      If the picture takes too much space, then leave it out.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i35.tinypic.com/sb7g5z.jpg]
      When user is looking all channels, that happens usually when user wants to add some
      new channels in they favour lists. So, tell user some basic information about the
      channel. Also, there is no need to waste remote buttons to these "all, satelite,
      producer" selections, because basicly they are just filtering options. Put them all
      in one page behind one menu option. Also add new filterin options, like FTA
      program/crypted, HD/SD, different crypting like (B, I , S, V, N, CO, CW, ND).
      Mostly when I look new channels to add in favours, I look something behind some
      satellite and it's allways FTA or Crypted by sertain provider in that satellite.

(Sorry, pictures are in partly finnish language....)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 36 mal editiert, zuletzt von Lumikki ()

• Hi

- preferred languages: audio, subtitle, (epg)
      - diseqc command send from command line (bash/cron). Eg. diseqc motor reset - Goto 0
      - scan / blind scan from command line.
      - crontab support for configsaver

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von d007 ()

• dreaming about
      DVB-* USB sticks support - newer kernel modules

some movement is started on DMM official board,
      but i cant understand why DMM cant understand by self that simple ting makes dm800 single tuner receiver as twin tuner receiver
      dm7080sstt; 2x dm8000sstt; dm7020s <- Diseq1x4 <- 3x Diseq1x10 <-
      Dishes:
      1.8m 36E;28E;23E;19E;16E;13E;7E
      1.6m 42E;36E
      1.0m 10/9E;5E;1W;8W
      1.0m 15W;22W;30W
      1.1m 4/5W;12W;18W;24W
      1.1m 53E;60E
      1.0m 75E
      TVs: Philips 46pfl9707s; Philips 42pfl9703h
    • Configsaver:
      backup des Inhalts von
      /etc/avahi/services/

(sind die zeroconf-service config-Dateien - sind nur ein Paar bytes)
      OScam Wiki | OScam Documentation | Build your own OScam with simplebuild
      Better a 'found' without entitlements than a 'not found' with valid entitlements.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bit ()