Detect Dreambox model dm7020 v1 or v2

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Detect Dreambox model dm7020 v1 or v2

Hi,

Is there any way to detect if a dm7020 HD is a v1 or v2 model without having the physical box present. I can't seem to find this info from the webinterface when going to the "Device Info"-menu under "Extras". Device Name is only listed as: dm7020hd regardless if the box is a v1 or v2 model. Is there any way to detect this info from terminal?

So far I have only been able to detect the model version by looking at the sticker under the box, stating either:
      * DM7020HD
      * DM7020HD V2

My problem right now is that I don't have the box physically with me, so I'm having a hard time to determine if it's a v1 or v2 model.

As a side note. What happens if you flush a v2 box with the v1 image and vice versa. Will that brick the box?

Thanks for any help in solving this issue.
    • Hi,

you might try 'cat /proc/stb/info/model'. But I'm not at home right now, so this might not be 100% correct. Anyways... there should be a "file" somewhere inside /proc/stb containing this info.

Flashing a v1 image on a v2 box and vice versa does not work. So don't worry..
    • No, both boxes report themselves as dm7020hd without v1/v2

The only difference are the Flash chips and due to them the v2 will not work with old images and old loaders.

The old (v1) flash chips had 4096 as writesize and the new ones (v2) have 2048. dFlash has to know that because the ubifs volumes differe slightly in size due to this.

So a simple command will tell you the difference:

cat /sys/devices/virtual/mtd/mtd0/writesize
    • gutemine schrieb:

No, both boxes report themselves as dm7020hd without v1/v2

The only difference are the Flash chips and due to them the v2 will not work with old images and old loaders.

The old (v1) flash chips had 4096 as writesize and the new ones (v2) have 2048. dFlash has to know that because the ubifs volumes differe slightly in size due to this.

So a simple command will tell you the difference:

cat /sys/devices/virtual/mtd/mtd0/writesize
      Thanks for this information. I just tried it out, on two different boxes and it works.

v1-box reports: 4096
      v2-box reports: 2048