Upgrading WiFi with Wireless N Mini-PCI adapter PW-MN561

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Upgrading WiFi with Wireless N Mini-PCI adapter PW-MN561

Hello,

I am trying to change my existing WiFi adapter to a new one, supporting WiFi 802.11n. My new adapter is Proware Wireless N Mini-PCI adapter PW-MN561 v2.0 and it has Atheros AR9223 chipset. I couldn't find any drivers for my DM8000 with Image OE 2.0, so I tried to take ath9k drivers, intended for DM520HD and Image OE 2.5 from feed.newnigma2.to/daily/oe2.5/deb/dm520/. Unfortunately I am completely unsure how to install these drivers on my device (since they are in .deb format, not .ipk) and if they can be installed at all. Also, how to properly configure and launch upgraded WiFi adapter :grab-schaufler2: . Perhaps someone has already tried and succeeded adding mentioned wireless adapter to DM8000. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
      Linkeris
    • You may extract the .deb-file with 7zip and try to copy the files manually (according to the file structure in the deb).

However, I doubt if it will be working with the OE2.0 image....
      Yamp - Musicplayer mit Arist-Art-Hintergrund und "Karaoke Light" - aktuelle Version V3.3.2 hier, bitte beachten: FAQ hier

Wissen ist eins der wenigen Güter, das sich durch Teilen vermehren lässt .... :thumbsup:
    • Thank you for a promptly response. I've already figured out extraction and manual copying approach. Files from .deb files (there are 3 of them for ath9k) are already extracted and copied to kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/, although WiFi adapter doesn't seem to be found and/or activated. WiFi menu disappears from my graphical interface after I put adapter in physically. Perhaps I have to manually edit configs, but I have no idea what and where to edit and what settings to use.
    • drivers are kernel version dependant and as these are different manual extraction and copy is useless.

either you are able to backport and compile the drivers yourself or you now have an adapter to sell.