Upgrade from OE 2.2 to OE2.5

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Upgrade from OE 2.2 to OE2.5

Dear Team,

apologies if this is already covered in another thread, but unfortunately my German is extremely poor. Is there a straightforward process to upgrade from OE2.2 to OE2.5, without re-installing a fresh full image of OE2.5 and losing configuration?

I have a DM820HD (dual DVB-S2), with OE2.2 (running latest daily, from March 2017), and i wouldn't want to lose all the configuration and customization thus far...

Many thanks in advance!
      :) :SOS:
    • Many thanks Hampelmann. Just a couple of questions please:

a. Settings backup/restore: through which menu.path? (just want to make sure that all settings are appropriately backed-up, and restored)
      b. what about the additional packages that i've installed over OE2.2? Will these be upgraded after the Flash automatically, or will i need to install them one by one?
      c. "except this - No" : can you please elaborate?

Best regards!
    • Is there a straightforward process to upgrade from OE2.2 to OE2.5, without re-installing a fresh full image of OE2.5 and losing
      configuration? = No
      For the rest ... look for Softwaremanager in Settings Menu ...
    • I get 1 error in: apt-get dist-upgrade
      The following packages have been kept back:
      enigma2-plugin-extensions-vps-meta
      34 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

I've had this error since Thursday

I asked in furum/images oe 2.5/DM900UHD but i get ansver in germany but im from norway and i don`t understand it