Flash expander

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Flash expander

I am using flash expander but when l telnet df -h / I am not seeing any increase in free space to install additional plugins.
      Any idea?
      Thanks
      DM800se
      DM7020HD
      DM8000HD
    • FE does not expand the flash, it only copies the content of /usr to the USB device and mounts the device to /usr on bootup.

I'm not sure if FE deletes the content of /usr in flash memory after installation. But you can check it by yourself

df -m /usr
      mkdir /tmp/rootfs
      mount -o bind / /tmp/rootfs
      du -sm /tmp/rootfs/usr

The last command shows the used space in MB of /usr of the flash memory.

If there are any data in /tmp/rootfs/usr , you can delete it - then you will have more free flash space. But by your own risk! The box will not boot anymore without the USB device.

As @Hilfsbereit already said: Flodder is the better solution to "expand" the flash
      Gruß Fred

Die Dreambox ist tot, es lebe die Dreambox

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quellcode

1. root@dm920:~$ mount | grep "/ "
      2. /dev/mmcblk1p1 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
      3. root@dm920:~$

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fred Bogus Trumper ()

• Ok, will try flooder but what difference does it make whether it copies the whole root or just a directory / usr as flash expander?

Have I read well that before installing flodder one has to flash a raw image without installing other plugins? Hope not...

Thanks.
      DM800se
      DM7020HD
      DM8000HD