EPG options in newnigma

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• EPG options in newnigma

My first post in this forum so greeting to all!

I am new to the Newnigma image and would like to know what optipns are available for EPG.
      I am primarily interested in a 7 day EPG for SKYUK/freesat, BIS France, and Spanish DTT and cable.

What EPG possibilities are included in the image? Are there good plugins for this purpose?

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
    • RE: EPG options in newnigma

I really like to use xmltvimport plugin of MiLo/Rytec. It worked always fine till 2.8.3. but now the imported epg-data is being overwritten with media-highway data

anybody an idea how to fix this?
    • Hi Raitsa,

The Patch is really needed. Because the patch is not applied, Enigma2 should be restarted. this is very annoying! :( If the patch woukd have been applied, no restarted is needed. As I can read throughout the board, MANY users have already asked for the patch. Would you PLEASE consider applying that?

I gave crossepg a shot. I downloaded and installed it. I must say that I'm pretty disappointed in the features because I'm very used to the fantastic features of xmltv-impoter of MiLo (to be found on rytec.be). This plugin automatically downloads xmltv data on a specified time (like 5 hour in the morning) from preconfigured sources and convert them to epg.dat. As of 2.8.3 this plugin does not work anymore! :( Unfotunately, and sadly enough, Enigma2 ignores the imported (loaded) epg.dat and overwrites it with mediahighway data.

Could you please help to get this plugin running again?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Neo ()

• Original von burnout
      Hi,

As Neo, I'm trying to use the possibility or Rytec xmltv files. No ideas ?

i am testing rytec at the moment. tell u more if test are completed..ok ?
    • Tested the Rytec EPG plugin with Newnigma 3.0. Everything works (installing, importing, viewing) except that the imported EPG data is being overwritten with media-highway data. Restarting the box is a sure way to test this - a lot of EPG data is gone after that.

Haven't found a way to disable the overwriting I'm afraid. Hope oZxS comes to another conclusion somehow.

I followed the following instructions to install the Rytec plugin:
      On the site rytec.be under heading "For Gemini users with version 5 or higher (OE1.6 VERSION)". Note: Replace the command "ipkg" with "opkg".
    • Originally posted by Zenox
      ....Everything works (installing, importing, viewing) except that the imported EPG data is being overwritten with media-highway data. Restarting the box is a sure way to test this - a lot of EPG data is gone after that.
      Haven't found a way to disable the overwriting I'm afraid.

any idea to solve this overwriting epg data.
      xmltv epg is overwritten by MHW only for current event, next events on epg list are still from rytec. is it possible to disable MHWepg or make epg.blacklist for selected channels?
      I use dm500hd without hdd - so epg.dat is stored in flash - maybe this is a cause of this problem?
    • XML TV import

I am using XMLTV import to get EPG for 5 days.
      It works ok but the problem is that it downloads very slow when compared to DreamElite image that I was using before. Any reason why?

Also on Dm800 with no HDD, how many providers can you choose for EPG before the file gets too big to fit in RAM?