[SOLVED ] Add users to web interface

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• [SOLVED ] Add users to web interface

Hi

I have done it before. But after the latest release that required a new image install instead of an update due to the kernel change I have forgot. And not I cannot find out how...

If I add a user in the dreambox, HOW can I make it log into the web interface? "root" works of course... But not nay other created user... The web interface says "denied"

/Per-Olov

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von pos42 ()

• RE: [SOLVED] Add users to web interface

Well.... I found the problem...

The bug is in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/WebInterface/plugin.py that checks hashed password against /etc/passwd. Added users have their hashed passwords in /etc/shadow and not in /etc/passwd. "adduser" is correct in this matter...

I have only tested to modify the /etc/passwd and added the hashed string from /etc/shadow. After that the web interface works with users that have been added with "adduser".

I suggest a modify of the python code to reflect the check against /etc/shadow as prio 1 and /etc/passwd as priority 2. Checking both will make "root" work as well...

/Per-Olov

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von pos42 ()