EPG import plugin

• EPG import plugin

this plugin doesn't run properly. Many time it does not import any event, in fact I get the problem since I have installed the last version of newnigma v 3.1.5.
      Does anybody meet this problem ??
      How to configure the location of epg.dat, I have tried with >> system tools/epg cache file settings/ autofs/sdb1/ or onto the hd, but I do not obtain any result ???
      thank you for any help

michael ?(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von tsuka ()

• RE: EPG import plugin

Originally posted by tsuka
      this plugin doesn't run properly. Many time it does not import any event, in fact I get the problem since I have installed the last version of newnigma v 3.1.5.
      How to configure the location of epg.dat, I have tried with >> system tools/epg cache file settings/ autofs/sdb1/ or onto the hd, but I do not obtain any result ???
      thank you for any help

michael ?(

I had the same thing first when I updated to 3.1.5 via online update. I downloaded the image and did a reflash and now it seems to work well. I have not done any new plugin for this, just plain standard install. So I recomend to do a new installation.
    • RE: EPG import plugin

Originally posted by signal
      Originally posted by tsuka
      thank you for any help

michael ?(

I had the same thing first when I updated to 3.1.5 via online update. I downloaded the image and did a reflash and now it seems to work well. I have not done any new plugin for this, just plain standard install. So I recomend to do a new installation.

Hi,
      in fact the plugin has retrieved the epg events but only one time ...,
      I have not use the online update, but I have install the new version with a new flash install...
    • EPG cache file settings

I am trying to configure Blue Panel - Newnigma2 services - System tools - EPG cache file settings.
      The default values are the following:
      EPG cache filename: epg.dat
      EPG cache file location: /media/hdd/

The issue is that there in no such file (epg.dat) on my 800se with Newnogma2 3.2.1.

I am using CrossEPG on HDD and would like to know which file I should point to.
      Which one is it?
      ext.epg.dat
      crossepg.aliases.db
      crossepg.descriptors.db
      crossepg.headers.db
      crossepg.indexes.db

Looking forward to your help.
    • Which file is the cache file location stored in?
      I need to change the file location from /media/hdd/ to /media/hdd/crossepg/ but I cannot do it through normal menu. I don't know why. It does not work.
      So I would like to change the entry in a file via FTP but I don't know what file it is.
      Can somebody help?
    • Originally posted by Robinson
      Which file is the cache file location stored in?
      I need to change the file location from /media/hdd/ to /media/hdd/crossepg/ but I cannot do it through normal menu. I don't know why. It does not work.
      So I would like to change the entry in a file via FTP but I don't know what file it is.
      Can somebody help?

I've already tried several times to move the epg.dat file to the USB key but without any success. I don't know the reason why... the reason is perhaps the newnigma image or the plugin EPG ???
    • Guys, what is your experience with using EPG Import on the latest Newnigma2 images?
      It seems to work and after reboot EPG is visible.
      It looks like EPG is stored in epg_new.dat file.
      However, my EPG cache file settings (in blue panel) indicates the following filename: epg.dat.
      So, how does it all work? :)
    • I'm new to newnigma2 v3.3.2 (not new to enigma2 stb usage).
      I don't see a epg (xmltv) import plugin in the feed. Is their one? (I use DM8000, but when it comes to epg, their is no difference between DM boxes i guess)

What i try to do is using xmltv epg import plugin from external website.
      I install/use Rytec xmltv epg. (scroll down to XMLTV PLUGIN).
      It installs good (both *.ipk files) on Newnigma2.
      When i exeute the import, it also works good. But i don't see the epg getting updated.
      Rytec xmltv epg import store a file on /media/hdd/epg_new.dat
      I changed newnigma epg location settings to name = epg_new.dat location = /hdd/
      Reboot the dm stb, but the epg is not getting updated. The plugin works good, but epg don't update the info.

Is their a way to get any working epg import working, this is useful for epg timer recordings, then i can program recordings to beyond a week.
      Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (1.5TB hdd / BD-r(w) / 4GB cf & Newnigma2-unstable) - 2x DiSEqC 4/1 switch - 4x Smart Titanium 0.1 db Universal Twin LNB (13.0E/19.2E/23.5E/28.2E) - Visiosat Bisat HD dish.
      Member of opensat4all.com

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von jeroensky ()