Subtitles in MKV files

• Subtitles in MKV files

Hello,

In 3.1.5 I could play subtitles just fine but now in 3.1.6 I cannot (2 x yellow button and nothing shows up), even not using the same MKV as played nicely in 3.1.5.

Anybody else having this ? Anybody knows how to fix it ?

Thanks and best regards
    • Audio Button, then choose the Audio Menu there u can activate Subtitles, you have to choose the sub once.

if its a SRT file, then it has to be UTF format.
      Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise lösen.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Die Deutsche Rechtschreibung ist Freeware, sprich, du kannst sie kostenlos nutzen.
      Allerdings ist sie nicht Open Source, d.h. du darfst sie nicht verändern oder in veränderter Form veröffentlichen."
    • Yes that is where I normally find it but is this image lacking support to ohter text formats ? I have an MKV movie I watched using an other image but now I cannot locate the text in Newnigma 3.1.6.

An other ? (I am new to Newnigma) why do I not have any options to download aditional plugins. In the plugin menu I press green button and I only get a list on already installed plugins. Where the duck is the rest ?
    • if there are no online updates, then your box is offline.

or clone box
      Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise lösen.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Die Deutsche Rechtschreibung ist Freeware, sprich, du kannst sie kostenlos nutzen.
      Allerdings ist sie nicht Open Source, d.h. du darfst sie nicht verändern oder in veränderter Form veröffentlichen."
    • Can't believe it, you are actually right, nameserver information was missing. Now the box is online :)

The subtitle thing is strange, I have to press the yellow buton several times going back trying again and then suddenly I get the option to choose the subtitle I want. Need to mess around a lot and suddenly it is there. Never seen this before. Quit strange bug....

Thanks for your help :)
    • Original von sargon
      I had previously also problem that online updates and web interface disappeared.

What did you do with nameserver? Edit a config file?

Edit it in Network-Configuration of Enigma2 via remote...
      "Wer ins Wasser sieht, sieht den Himmel auf Erden"