usb key not listed in picon menu

• usb key not listed in picon menu

hello all,

newnigma2 3.2 on dm8000

somehow, the usb is not showing in the menu to save picon location anymore

1) my usb key is mounted and works correctly (the swap runs on it). it is listed as an external device, and is formatted using ext3

2) opkg.conf states my usb key as a possible destination for opkg:

lists_dir ext /var/lib/opkg

dest flash /
      dest BacklowerUSBSlotDataTraveler2.0 /autofs/2771e83e-c990-403d-a2b4-152795c3e6c1
      dest Harddisk /media/hdd
      dest expert /picons

yet, if i want to install picons, the menu will only show: hdd, expert or flash, NOT my usb key

Can someone help ?

thanks
    • RE: usb key not listed in picon menu

Did you select your USB-Device as Skin picon (LCD picon) location in NN² Services -> OSD-Settings?

change the picon locations to the name your USB-Device with LEFT/RIGHT on your RC

in worst case you are able to define your own picon location: NN² Services - System Tools - Expert Settings

create a symlink of your Stick to eg. /media/PICON

Quellcode

1. ln -sf /autofs/2771e83e-c990-403d-a2b4-152795c3e6c1 /media/PICON

define /media/PICON in Expersettings. Now /media/PICON is selectable in OSD-Settings

I did this workaroud in older NN2 Versions, and it works fine
      Gruß Fred

Die Dreambox ist tot, es lebe die Dreambox

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quellcode

1. root@dm920:~$ mount | grep "/ "
      2. /dev/mmcblk1p1 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
      3. root@dm920:~$

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fred Bogus Trumper ()

• Danke Fred, unfortunately i couldn't test your workaround as i reflashed my box this morning before you replied, and this fixed the problem...

thanks anyway for taling the time to reply...

erick