Blu-ray disc burning

• Blu-ray disc burning

I have bought Sony BD-5750H drive, wich supports BD disc burning.
      The reason was: full hard disc of HD videos.

After reasearching offical forum, i have found that DM8000 doest not support BD disc burning.

Is there any non-offical firmware or plugins that can do it?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von dis100 ()

• Original von dis100
      Here is an answer from DM support:

the option is currently not available. But as our development sits on asolution that is Timely disposal.

looool :)
      Sorry, but that's a DMM standard quote. :D
      "Remember, if it's psychobilly, it's gotta have some rockabilly in it somwhere. It ain't just punk with a double bass." (P.Paul Fenech)
    • EEh, the DM8000 does support blu-ray burner.
      You can burn to BD-R, but then as DATA-BD. Not in blu ray format.

SO you can burn, but not in a way that you can play it on a standalone BD player.

The burned data BluRay disc with *.TS High Defenition (or Standard Defenition) videofiles from recordings do play on the DM8000 (any enigma2 device with BluRay drive).

Burning to BluRay disc standard is not possible yet. But keep in mind, most standalone BluRay players will not play burned BD-R. Most only play pressed BD (made by factory).
      Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (1.5TB hdd / BD-r(w) / 4GB cf & Newnigma2-unstable) - 2x DiSEqC 4/1 switch - 4x Smart Titanium 0.1 db Universal Twin LNB (13.0E/19.2E/23.5E/28.2E) - Visiosat Bisat HD dish.
      Member of opensat4all.com
    • Great!

That is what i wanted.
      Now i'm happy, that its possible to play recods (at BD discs) at dreambox wich made this records.
      WOW! 100GB))) for each record.

I will write a result ufter testing
    • Be sure you use the burning option: burn as data, or data-dvd. (i know openpli user who did it, so i suppose it also works on newnigma2, because dvd burn plugin is the same)
      And be aware that you get a blu ray disc with data on it, like you see on the harddisk itselves(like *.ts files)
      Also it only plays on devices who can read blu ray disc as data and have mediaplayer who play *.ts files.
      So your DM8000 can play it, but also a computer with BD drive and 4 example VLC mediaplayer. (keep in mind that a computer need to have lots of graphics hardware accelerated violence to play HD video.)
      Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (1.5TB hdd / BD-r(w) / 4GB cf & Newnigma2-unstable) - 2x DiSEqC 4/1 switch - 4x Smart Titanium 0.1 db Universal Twin LNB (13.0E/19.2E/23.5E/28.2E) - Visiosat Bisat HD dish.
      Member of opensat4all.com