MKV on dm800

• MKV on dm800

Been reading a lot about playing mkv (blu-ray) on dm800 , but haven't succeeded to get it working.

On more forums you can read you need the following installed :

libxml2_2.6.32-r3_mipsel.ipk
      libxml2-utils_2.6.32-r3_mipsel.ipk
      libxml2-dbg_2.6.32-r3_mipsel.ipk
      libgstapp-0.10-dbg_0.10.8-r0_mipsel.ipk
      libgstapp-0.10-0_0.10.8-r0_mipsel.ipk
      libgstapp-0.10-locale-de_0.10.8-r0_mipsel.ipk
      gst-plugin-selector_0.10.8-r0_mipsel.ipk
      gst-plugin-mpeg4videoparse_0.10.8-r0_mipsel.ipk
      gst-plugin-matroska_0.10.10-r0_mipsel.ipk
      gst-plugin-h264parse_0.10.8-r0_mipsel.ipk
      gst-plugin-fluendo-mpegdemux_0.10.15-r0_mipsel.ipk
      gst-plugin-dvbmediasink_0.10+20080918-r0_mipsel.ipk

which you can get here :

h**p://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/1.5/dm800/experimental/

Installation went fine, rebooted newnigmage 2.1.3 but no luck, the mediaplayer doesn t find the files, and movieplayer same.

Am I missing something ?

please help

Regards
      Fx
    • Yeah exactly, where did i put em :) found the problem, when i moved them to the localtion of the movieplayer (hdd/movie/, they re WORKING !!

Mediaplayer doesn't recognize mkv so you can't play em from there. But movieplayer finds the blu-ray files and play's em perfectly. Tested with the Pixar Blu Ray dvd files.

Dm800 rocks ! And newnigma is the most stable image !! Maybe an idea to add this to the ONLINE PLUGIN installation ?

Just add the above files, reboot dreambox and start playing blu-ray mkv's !

Cheers
      Fx
    • Is there a way to do same things with AVI files such as DIVX, putting them in /HDD/Movie.
      Now i can read those files with VLC streaming then with Laptop, i think that like MKV, adding a library to Dreambox, there is a way to play them directly from the Dreambox!
      Or not?
      Thanks.
    • Sorry i was thinking that MKV files are too difficult to stream that avi or DIVX so, i was thinking that if the Dreambox can do MKV it can do also DIVX or AVI.
      Thank you in advance.