Can some one please explain how do you install cross epg with this image newnigma2 v3.3.2 on a dm800hd pvr original box
Thank,sOriginal von vikingman
Been playing with CrossEPG for a while before getting it to work - sort of.
I have Newnigma 3.2.2 installed on a DM800se.
EPGrefresh runs once a day, scans one "significant" channel per provider (I used trial and error, to find which ones I need to scan), thus grabbing the following packages:
EPG from Scandinavia (Viasat)
EPG from Germany free-to-air, SKY, HD+
EPG from Poland (free-to-air)
CrossEPG is used to grab EPG for TNTSAT France (Astra) and Freesat UK (28.2)
Here's what I did:
Note: I use the Dreambox Control Center (DCC) - easier to use than telnet for non-specialists.
1) Installed enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2-svn-306-r0_mipsel.ipk (ftp the file to /tmp and install manually)
2) Edited /usr/bin/enigma2_pre_start.sh (hint: just right-click in the DCC FTP window and choose edit)
- udevVer=`/sbin/udevadm --version`
- if [ -f /etc/udev.txt ]; then
- /bin/rm /etc/udev.txt
- if [ $udevVer == "141" ]; then
- /usr/bin/opkg update
- /usr/bin/opkg remove udev
- /usr/bin/opkg remove udev-utils
- /usr/bin/opkg remove libvolume-id1
- /usr/bin/opkg install udev
- if [ -f /media/hdd/crossepg/ext.epg.dat ];
- cp /media/hdd/crossepg/ext.epg.dat /media/hdd/epg.dat
- sleep 1
- cp /media/hdd/epg.dat /media/hdd/crossepg/epg.dat.bak
- exit 0
I also changed all "/hdd/" references to "/media/hdd/" in /usr/crossepg/crossepg_epgmove.sh - but I'm not sure it really mattered.
3) Configured the CrossEPG as follows, under Menu > Settings > CrossEPG (the menu entry only appears after first reboot) > Configure as follows:
Storage >> harddisk (Never select internal flash)
Enable csv import >> no
Force epg reload >> yes
Download on tune >> no
Schedule download >> once a day
Sch. download at >> 03:00
Reboot after sch.download >> yes
Reboot after sch.download >> no
Show as plugin >>no
Show as extension >> no
Show force EPG >> no
4) I then activated "Sky UK opentv (Astra2 on 28.2)" under Opentv providers and "Rytec France XMLTV (XEPGDB)" under XEPGDB providers.
5) EPGrefresh is set to run every day between 03:30 and 04:00, such thatCrossEPG has time to download, parse, and reboot.
Like this CrossEPG grabs the French and UK channels, and EPGrefresh the rest.
Now, there may be room for improvement on these settings, but this is the way I got it to work - hope others can benefit from this description.
I have this latest newnigma image version 4. I searched for Crossepg under plugins but there is no this plugin for installation. Is this plugin working with latest newnigma or there is something else to use ? What is this Merlin EPG ?
The post was edited 1 time, last by gutemine ().
The post was edited 1 time, last by hpapagaj ().
The post was edited 2 times, last by gutemine ().