3.3.x does not start on DM800se

• 3.3.x does not start on DM800se

Hello,

I have no idea what is going on so I decided to ask here...

I just can not make any of the 3.3.x images working on my DM800SE (ssl #84).
      The last working one is 3.2.1.
      3.3.x available from this site just hangs right after Dreambox start. Its just ends with a colour Dreambox logo and path to bootlogo.elf.

Any idea what is going on? I would be very thanful for any advise.... Tnx in advance!

B.
    • RE: 3.3.x does not start on DM800se

I THINK IT`S A CLONE BOX!!!

NO SUPPORT FOR CLONE!!!

Hellraiser
      Boxen: 1x VU+ DOU2, 1x VU+ Solo2
      Abos: Sky Full Abo mit HD (S02 Karte), KD (D02 Karte), FREE-X-TV Elite Fusion Smartcard (Viaccess), HD+ White Card
    • Hellreiser, I would say that you are wrong. This is not a clone box in my opinion. It was bought from an official authorised Dream Multimedia reseller. It was bought in a regular Dream Media price. I am not sure but I think that if it is clone then I would not be able to even upload SSL #84 or any of newnigma2 800SE official images right? And what is the most important it was bought in November 2010 (I have an invoice in my hands now). Correct me if I am wrong but there was no clones of DM800SE at this time, this model was to new to clone it. When these clones striked the market for the first time btw?

Well, logs are the first thing that I had thought about. But this boot procedur stops about couple of seconds. It does not even goes to the moment in which it takes an IP from DHCP. So there is no chance to connect this box via tcp/ip and putty. I am not famillar with German but should I understand bluemon2510 that there is a chance to comunicate with this box via com port to review its boot logs?

Tnx guys for you support.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von bzibziak ()

• OK SORRY!!!!

Hellraiser
      Boxen: 1x VU+ DOU2, 1x VU+ Solo2
      Abos: Sky Full Abo mit HD (S02 Karte), KD (D02 Karte), FREE-X-TV Elite Fusion Smartcard (Viaccess), HD+ White Card
    • Your problem sounds a bit like a common clone box problem, so.... :)

And you're right: you can connect via USB/virtual COM port and make a full log including the boot process. Do you have windows? First install the mentioned UART driver. When you connect the USB service port of the box with windows it will ask you for the UART drivers - so better install them first. After connecting the USB, Windows will detect a new serial com port. Have a look in your device manager to figure out the com port number. Then use putty to connect via comX (e.g. Com4) to the box. Have a look at the screenshots and set every value (like speed) exactly like posted there.

Make putty save the console output to a file an post this file here.

I hope you understood my bad English - sorry. :)

If you have questions pls ask!
    • bluemoon2510 it looks that your English is much better then mine :) So do not worry I can understand you perfectly!

You guys scared me to death with this clone theory... I have never done it before. But after your posts I entered dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/authenticity-test and checked it. It looks that everything is OK. It is
      Model: DM800se in fact, it was produced 20101103, it has the correct MAC and S/N. Well.. big relief... :)

Now we can focus on 3.3.x images problem I think ;)
    • I would not be able to flash any 3.3.x without SSL #84 I think. Yest it is there. When DM starts I can see "BOOT #84" on the LCD.

OK here it is a bootlog.tx attached. As you can see it is very short... And it is repeated twice. That is because DM reboots itself after dozen of seconds after boot stops. I stopped this Putty session after this reboot.

I do not understand much from this log.

The only one point which surprised me is:

find_inode failed for name=secondstage.conf

load: Failed to find inode

- failed to open /boot/secondstage.conf
      - failed to open /cf/autorun.bat

What could be wrong with SSL?
      Why it is looking for autorun on cf?

I hope you can find what is going wrong in this booting procedur.

Tnx for your help!
      Dateien
      • bootlog.txt

(5,41 kB, 333 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von bzibziak ()

• One question: how do you flash? Via web browser or dream up?

And when I google for the error find inode failed for name=secondstage.conf I get a lot of results. Beginning with: disconnect everything (USB, HDD and HDMI) and try again. Also I get a hint on some wrong settings in the BIOS. Also there are some reports on broken hardware.

So wide variety.. First I would try to reset the BIOS. Second I would prefer to flash via USB/serial without network but with the bad sector recover function.
    • Original von bluemoon2510
      Here i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?postid=1636868 someone with nearly the same problem. He flashed the boot loader again (via web, stop mode like a normal firmware) and afterwards everything went fine.

I am not good at German but it looks to me that he had a problem because of non standard SSL #86 (???). As far as I understand he flashed #84 and everything went OK.

I will try to flash it with DreamUp via serial/Usb as you advise. We will see what happen.

I have never done it befor. Can I kill my flash using using this method? Is this some kind dangerous fot the box?