Newenigma2 4.07 network Pc/ DM /nas sharing mount configuration/working issue ?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Newenigma2 4.07 network Pc/ DM /nas sharing mount configuration/working issue ?

Hello,
      Sorry for the english but I do not speak any german and do not trust too much Google translator capabilities :

I have just installed the Newenigma2 4.07 on my Dm800se. I think it is really great , and I like it and wont to keep it. Before I had A Gp3 icvs oe 1.6.

Nevertheless I have found some strange behaviour as far as concerning
      the network sharing configuration ( auto.network ) and operation ?( , that I do not have with OE 1.6 images. I'm using the same auto.network file in OE 1.6 and oe 2.0 (Newenigma2 4.0x).

I have :

(a) connection (cifs) with Pc with win Xp (no user ,no password)

(b) connection (cifs) with Pc with win 7 (no user ,no password)

(c) connection (nfs) with another Dm800se (no user ,no password)

(d) connection (cifs) with a Nas (with user and password)

Below the summary of the issues I' m esperiencing with the newenigma2 4.0x :

1) (b), (c) and (d) are always working as on OE 1.6, while (a) does not
      work, no matter what i do (it is shown an empty directory in the
      /mnt/net/) even if it is shown as connected in the network configuration
      wizard.

2) If I try to do the setup from network browser/mount manager, it takes
      very long time to come back with the network tree when I ask for a
      network search ( the first time i thought the box was frozen!!). Also my
      win7 pc is not expanded when I go over it and I hit "ok". (but with
      auto.network setup I have (see poin (b) ), the connection and the
      sharing is working )

3) After not using the sharing network for a while (not sure for how
      long but I 've tried after two hours and find the issue) and I try to
      access my sharing connections in /mnt/net/ with dcc or mediaplayer, It
      takes very long time before I can see the sharing (dcc reply FTP not
      ready..). In a way it is similar to when you do a network search the
      first time. if I have patience and do not reboot my box at the end I can
      access my sharing.

I do not kwow if these issues are related to something that has been
      changed in OE 2.0 with respect to OE1.6 in the network areaa and if I
      can solve them with a specific setting.

Is anyone experiensing similar behaviour ?

I Have not tried yet with other OE 2.0 immages but this is what I'm going to try next.

Any suggestion (desides to stay with OE1.6 ) will be appreciated.

Thanks
    • You have make difficult question or you 've asked too much.
      To connect with Dreambox - you need login: root and password: dreambox. You have written - that you don't have or not use? Please let us know : how do you use your rooter? With regards
    • Stefmat,
      Thank you for your reply.

stefmat schrieb:

You have make difficult question or you 've asked too much.

I'm sorry not to be so clear with my questions, I 'll try to make them simpler or try to explain better.

stefmat schrieb:

To connect with Dreambox - you need login: root and password: dreambox. You have written - that you don't have or not use? .

To connect to my dreambox via telnet or FTP I regulary use login: root and password: dreambox, but you do not need them if you wont to share a dreambox directory in your home network. If you wont to make your dreambox 'hdd' visible to another dreambox within the same network domain you need can do it via nfs or cifs protocol. I typically setup both nfs and samba/cifs protocol. I make the Hdd of the dreambox visible to other dreambox via nfs and the connection with windows with samba. In smb.conf you can specify what you wont to share of your dreambox in window enviroment (actually would be what you see when you type \\drembox ip in windows.) In the automount.xlm under /etc/enigma2 or auto.network under /etc/, you actually declare what connection you wont to have with the other devices you have in your network. Of course you can do this manually by editing the automount.xlm (or auto.network) or doing it via networkBrowser / MountManager that you can find in your menu under system settings -> networks. which actually creates the automount.xlm (or auto.network) file.
      In short with nfs and smb.conf I declare what I wont to make visible and share on my dreambox in my network and in the automount.xlm or auto.network I declare the connection with the other devices in my network (of course I need to be sure to allow the sharing on other devices in my network).
      When I was refering to the "same setting" in my post, I meant that the Nfs the smb.conf and auto.network files in my dreambox are the same when using OE1.6 or OE2.0 image (also same IP). The different behaviour I have experienced when using OE1.6 or OE2.0 is what I have reported at point (1) of my post.
      I reported also Point (2) and Point (3) because I have noticed them as a different behaviour between OE1.6 and OE2.0 and because I do not believe them to be considered as "normal". The point are that I did not have this "malfuction" when using OE1.6.
      Below my an example of my smb.conf and auto.network files I use.
      [global]
      load printers = no
      guest account = root
      log file = /tmp/smb.log
      log level = 1
      security = share
      server string = Dreambox %h network services
      workgroup = Dream
      netbios name = %h
      case sensitive=yes
      preserve case=yes
      short preserve case=yes
      socket options = TCP_NODELAY
      preferred master = no (These stop the machine being master browser, which means that it doesn't waste time there.)

[root-110]
      comment = Configuration files - take care!
      path = /
      read only = no
      public = yes
      guest ok = yes

[Harddisk-110]
      comment = The harddisk
      path = /hdd
      read only = no
      public = yes
      guest ok = yes

[Usb-110]
      comment = The Usb
      path = /media/usb
      read only = no
      public = yes
      guest ok = yes

With the above configuration I make the DM root, Hardisk, and usb accessible in windows with \\192.168.0.110 which is the IP of my dreambox

Here is my auto.network

Stora-1 -fstype=cifs,rw,nolock,soft,tcp,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,user=Stora-1,pass=xxxx ://192.168.0.120/ArchivioFamiglia -> which is my NAS that requires User and Password.
      DM800se-114-HDD -fstype=nfs,rw,nolock,soft,tcp,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 192.168.0.110:/media/hdd -> which is my other DM running OE1.6 images and does not require User and password.
      E8400-DivX -fstype=cifs,rw,nolock,soft,tcp,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,user=Your_Username,pass=Your_Password ://192.168.0.101/Film.divx -> This is my PC running Win Xp PRO. No User and password is required (setting access to anyone in my pc to those directories) . This connection works properly with OE1.6 images and do not work with OE2.0 (connection looks ok, but no file is shown)
      E6300-Multimedia -fstype=cifs,rw,nolock,soft,tcp,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,user=Your_Username,pass=Your_Password ://192.168.0.107/Multimedia
      E6300-Backup -fstype=cifs,rw,nolock,soft,tcp,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,user=Your_Username,pass=Your_Password ://192.168.0.107/Backup
      E6300-Musiche -fstype=cifs,rw,nolock,soft,tcp,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,user=Your_Username,pass=Your_Password ://192.168.0.107/Musica
      The above three lines refers to three sharing directories on my pc running win7. No User and password is required (setting access to anyone in my pc to those directories) . This connection and the sharing works always both with OE1.6 and OE2.0 images

stefmat schrieb:

Please let us know : how do you use your rooter? With regards

Not sure I understood your question, but I use my rooter as a normal gateway and for internet access.

Sorry for the long reply, I hope it would be more clear :S
    • Hi there
      did u find the solution to this problem, i am having same problem...
      I got DM800SE and usind newnigma2 4.0.7

I have 3 shared folders on my PC, and i did network mount as CIFS (same as with old OE1.6 image and been working fine).
      All three folder show up in /mnt/net/ and works fine but when i leave the box idle or in stand by for some time and open media player, the whole dreambox freezes with spinning gears,...
      If i restart box, all work fine as i can access all the file and watch videos etc ....but leave box for a while and try again same thing, box freezes with spinning gears,

I tried reinstalling image but no luck,
    • notoriousjatt schrieb:

Hi there
      did u find the solution to this problem, i am having same problem...
      I got DM800SE and usind newnigma2 4.0.7

I have 3 shared folders on my PC, and i did network mount as CIFS (same as with old OE1.6 image and been working fine).
      All three folder show up in /mnt/net/ and works fine but when i leave the box idle or in stand by for some time and open media player, the whole dreambox freezes with spinning gears,...
      If i restart box, all work fine as i can access all the file and watch videos etc ....but leave box for a while and try again same thing, box freezes with spinning gears,

I tried reinstalling image but no luck,

not yet unfortunatly