NIC dead in DM800SE

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• NIC dead in DM800SE

Hi

I have a DM800SE where the NIC has died. :(

So I tried to buy a USB-Ethernet adapter but that did not work as I cannot choose between the NIC's in the box. In the network menu, I can either use the built in broken one or none of them.

Then I wanted to use the Common Interface in the Dreambox with a CD card, but I could not find where to enable common interface. In the EMU menu I have turned of any EMU.

So basically two questions;

1. How to use 100 mbit Ethernet USB dongle? Supposed to be Linux compatible.
      2. How do I use the common interface?

Newnigma 3.2.1 version

• Is your dm800se out of the two years warranty? I think DMM has to replace the mainboard.

If you want to use an USB-NIC you have to find a device, which supports the asix drivers provided by DMM (kernel-module-asix, kernel-module-usbnet for ASIX AX8817X based USB 2.0 Ethernet Devices)
      but you will not find the drivers on Newnigma2 stable or unstable feed at the moment

Tested device: Linksys USB200M V2

Quellcode

1. [ 556.180069] usb 1-4: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci_hcd
      2. [ 556.746235] asix 1-4:1.0: eth1: register 'asix' at usb-0000:00:1a.7-4, ASIX AX88772 USB 2.0 Ethernet, 00:18:f8:XX:XX:XX
      3. [ 556.746740] usbcore: registered new interface driver asix

The transfer rates are about 8,7MB/s read and 6,5MB/s write (nfs-mount)

I tested an USB3.0/Gbit-LAN device too, but the drivers had to be compiled. The device needed to much cpu power and enigma2 crashed within a few minutes, when a lot of data was transfered.

I think it's better to use an USB-WLAN device in this case

Edit:
      the asix drivers will only work with OE2.0 and not with NN² v3.2.1.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fred Bogus Trumper ()

• Thanks Fred, for your message!

The box is out of warranty I'm afraid. :(

I have no idea about what the NIC I bought supports. All it said was Linux compatible. Cheap no name device.

Since I cannot ssh/telnet into the box, how do I check the usb devices and install the driver?

Thanks
    • the device will not work without drivers - the most common usb-net-drivers are not preinstalled in enigma2 like in ubuntu or debian

for OE2.0 are only the asix usb 2.0 net drivers available mentioned above. In all other cases you have to compile it by yoursself in an open embedded surrounding - if the source code is available.

You can try USB-Wlan for OE1.6 Images, but I think it's better to flash the box with the latest OE2.0 Image over usb-serial. The drivers for the DMM WLAN-USB Devices (150Mbit) are allready included - but not in the lean Image. Then you are able to connect over CLI to check the USB-NIC is working.

But I think,it's better to contact DMM to get a calculation for repair.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fred Bogus Trumper ()