Secure erase internal flash

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• no, just restore the dmm image and then u can sell your dream, and all is fine
      Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise lösen.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Die Deutsche Rechtschreibung ist Freeware, sprich, du kannst sie kostenlos nutzen.
      Allerdings ist sie nicht Open Source, d.h. du darfst sie nicht verändern oder in veränderter Form veröffentlichen."
    • Well, the 100% correct answer would be to use the flash_erase or better flash_eraseall binaries from the mtd-utils but for this you have to boot from an USB to reall achive the goal.

To minimize war levels the blocks in flash are only marked as erased, not completely re-written, to achive this you would need to create for example with urnadom a file filling the fleshly erase flash. The zero device is it is used on Harddisks with a simple dd command will not work on Flash due to the build in compression.

I once tried it out and after creating an 8GB big File in a 64MB big Flash I gave up - the Flash simply compresses the tons of 0 to almost noting, so hardly any blocks got really erased. If you do it with random the data really has to be written.

But recovering data from Flash is NOT a simple task and there are no public domain free tools available like for Harddisks, so a simple fresh flashing of the standard image should do the job sufficently and I don't want to scare you or support your paranoia.