Problem finding Cable channels

• Problem finding Cable channels

DM7080 with Newnigma2.

Satellite channels: OK.
      Cable channels: Nothing.

I try to configure the Cable tuners but have not been able to find any channels.
      Maybe this problem is location specific and problems here in Norway and a Norwegian provider would be outside of what you might be able to offer any help on?

I have not been able to get any help from Norwegian sites either. Seems nobody here knows how to set up the cable tuners on the 7080.

For the time being I rely on my old DM8k.

Anworten in Deutch is ok bei mir.

You may reply in German if you like; I read German quite well but the grammar is beyond what I can write. I don't even know the Norwagian grammar.
    • Technically it should be enough to restore the settings of your 8k on the 7080 and config the tuners, you wouldn't even need to scan.

In DreamOS the tuner will be used to scan for used Frequencies in the cable, so there is no cables.xml anymore, but results should be identical.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• OMG. I have tried over several days, but just after posting my problem here I made another try and lo and behold - All the channels came in!
      I suspect the problem must have been in the cables; I have a DM8k also and they share the same source cable, but I did a cleanup on the cables before this last trial and I was really surprised to see it was all ok!
    • Indeed...

But now my only problem is with Cccam. I have the cfg-file from my old DB, and have tried to create the new boxid in hex format from the last 10 digits of the serial number.

That's how the card is handled in the DM8k so I asssume I am doing it right.
    • Looks like I got some problems, maybe a fresh flash may remove them, or is there any way they can be fixed?

I will recheck my boxid because it doesn't seem to work.
      The card is not working so I'll take a new look at the serial number and conversion.
    • At startup, a the top of the screen:
      E:dpkg was interrupted. You must manually run ‘dpkg-configure-a’ to correct the problem

In the middle of the screen: “Not successfully.”

What is, and how do I run dpkg?

Or maybe it’s time for reflashing, would that fix the problem?

But with the exit button the box opens up and looks normal again.
      I created a hex code from the 10 last digits of the serial number and inserted that as boxkey in Ccam.cfg
      But my card doesn’t seem to be working.

I'll let the problems rest for the night, tomorrow is another day, I hope.