Streaming from PC with VLC to DM800

• Streaming from PC with VLC to DM800

1st, I'd like to thank and appreciate the newnigma2 team for the great work and support. I have an ABC question and I need your help.

I have VLC media player v0.8.6 in my PC and VLC plug-in in my DM800, how do I steam media files (example *.avi) from my PC to the dreambox?

Thanks in advance.
      MfG,

Box(s): DM820 <2TB HDD>, DM800seV2 <1TB HDD>
      Image(s): (Merlin4 + GP3.3), (Merlin3 + GP3.2)
    • RE: Streaming from PC with VLC to DM800

Hi Picop2es,

You need to use VLC Version 1.0.5 maximum!

Please download this version at
      videolan.org/mirror-geo.php?fi…win32/vlc-1.0.5-win32.exe

and configure VLC:
      In Target field it should say something like this "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" so go to the end of the line and add following text: --intf wxwin --extraintf=http
      So the complete line looks like:
      "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --intf wxwin --extraintf=http
      Run your VLC and minimize it

Now go to your box, press GREEN button to get into plug in menu and click on VLC plug in.

Creating a server by clicking GREEN buttons, or edit current with YELLOW buttons, and these are the options I had:
      Server Name: Pc (just label)
      Enter VLC-Server as FQDN or IP-Address: IP-ADDRESS
      Server Address: put in ur address 192.168.0.xx (Ipconfig on the pc to confirm ip address)

HTTP Port: 08080 (Default)
      Movie Directory: d:/ (this is on my network drive, yours might be different, e.g. c:,f:).
      Transcode MPEG/DVD Video: YES
      Video Codec: MPEG2
      Video Bitrate: 2000 is default, play around with it untill ur happy with the resolution.
      Video Resolution: Same deal, adjust untill you like the result
      Everything else can stay default, only audio I've change to mp3 and that was it.

Once server is set up, press GREEN button to confirm the changes.

Click on the server, and you should be in directory specified, choose a movie and play it.