Video player - Newnigma 2.4

• Video player - Newnigma 2.4

I have installed some weeks ago Newnigma 2.4 om my DM600PVR. Today I installed a Samsung Spinpoint 160GB in it (it finally arrived).

I could record a program on the harddisk. When downloading the recorded file to my PC, the file played fine.

However, when trying to play the file with the videoplayer (video button - dreambox) the file was out of sync. When fastforwarding the file was jumpy - even at 2x speed).
      After this the file played with severe stuttering, and was totally out of sync. I seemed that the HDD could not deliver the video in time to the player.

Are there any settings, I could change?

When following the guidelines of installing a harddisk - it said to set the drive in Cable select. Since I could not find any junper on the Samsung HDD, I ignored this and attached the drive to the cable. Something wrong here?

Any thoughts about this?

Any help would be welcomed.

Willy
    • Hi,
      Maybe change to v2.5, it seem like it works better in that version, haven't tried to record that much, just a cuple of times and it works just fine.
      Reg
      teddan
      DM800S NewNigma2 V2.8.3+320gb eSata+Internal Fan: Akasa-179BKT-C
      DM600S NewNigma2 V2.6.1+160GB hdd
      DM500S GP
      Alex+Samsung 9500AY
      Asus+NewCs
    • RE: Video player - Newnigma 2.4

Originally posted by Dogover

However, when trying to play the file with the videoplayer (video button - dreambox) the file was out of sync. When fastforwarding the file was jumpy - even at 2x speed).
      After this the file played with severe stuttering, and was totally out of sync. I seemed that the HDD could not deliver the video in time to the player.

Are there any settings, I could change?

I believe that this problem has been discussed in this forum already earlier, and I understood that the Enigma2 has some built-in tweaking that does not work properly on DM600 hardware. Please do not shoot me if I am wrong about this, my skills in German are at zero level and I made my assumptions on translation made by babelfish.

The sync problem is in all playbacks (all my recordings are recorded on 7025 and play nicely on 7025 but not on 600) with Newnigma images running on DM-600 and since the problem is in Enigma2, it probably will not be corrected since hacking Enigma would be against the Newnigma philosophy. I tried to use Nn2.3.1 at some point for couple of months but finally I got too frustrated skipping forward and backward trying to get the sync even at some tolerable level. Now I am running E1 image again and I feel it is a shame since in every other aspect the Newnigma image was far superior to any Enigma1 sw.

If someone has deeper understanding about this issue, would you please clarify (in English) what is causing this phenomena?