DVD play movie problem

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• DVD play movie problem

Hi all

Approx 4 out of 10 bought DVD movies have problems playing in the DM8000 on 2.8.4 (maybe/probably on earlier releases as well). I have a Samsung DVD-RW+RW rev 083c. The problem could be not showing the menu and sometimes impossible to continue at all. A few DVDs even have problems playing in my MAC and in a windows and Linux PC with VLC. Playing it in Media Player in windows almost always work. A problematic DVD can however be backed up with the DVD backup plugin in the DM8000. But it wont work when trying to play it from the backup... It seems (my guess..) most of the problems are related to the DVD menu itself. The only thing that seems bullet proof is rip the whole DVD and remove every menu junk...

Quite annoying according to my wife...

Are there different standards to create DVD menus?
      Will another DVD than the Samsung 083c work better? Guess not as I have see the behavior between VLC vs Media player in windows.

Any person with a clue here?

Thanks
      Per-Olov
    • Gleiches Problem hier, ein paar DVDs werden gespielt, manche gehen garnicht. Frisch gekaufte DVD, werden erkannt, DVD Player startet, aber der Kein Bild und Ton kommt. Woran kann dies liegen?

Mütze

PS: Habe ne 8000 mit 2.8.4 drauf (im Flash). ...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Mütze ()

• And why the last statement not in english as started within your first thread ...:rolleyes:
      Gruss Grillehirni 8)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Grillehirni ()

• Originally posted by Grillehirni
      And why the last statement not in english as started within your first thread ...:rolleyes:

Well... You are right... I answered the German reply to my english post with Swedish. As I do not understand German (well around 50 words maybe) I wrote the original post in English, and got a reply in German..... What do you do then when you got a reply that forces you to use google translate to understand it?

Back to the post...

I also have to add that I have problems with several audio CD:s. It's NOT my Samsung 083c slim DVD as I have it in a Laptop PC (OpenSuSE Linux) as well where it works flawlessly with audio CD:s. It Is the Dreambox image with it's drivers that is the problem. Right now I do not know if this Video and audio problem is of the same magnitude in the other competing Dreambox images. I maybe have to look at Gemini again... That would be really bad as Newnigma2 is so f-u-x-x-i-n-g stable and I am otherwise very satisifed with it...

Any clues?

Thanks
      /Per-Olov