Optical and HDD issues

• Optical and HDD issues

Hi all.

I am new to the forum, aswell as the DM500HD.

I have two issues with it, and hope somebody can advice what to do.

First of all the optical port is dead (no light) and i cant seem to figure out where to activate it?
      I have 3 boxes, and its the same on all of them.

Further i have tried to mount 2 different esata disks to all 3 boxes, and ALL fails with the "unable to mount"

I tried to mount trough CIFS to figure out if it is a hard or softwareissue, this failed too, unless i put a /hdd folder on the hdd prior to mounting in telnet. (i could not mount to media/hdd, but when putting the /hdd on CIFS drive, and only mount to /media it works with both recording and timeshift)
      I could mount the drive to media/cf, but then i am not able to use the drive for recordings and so on.

This tells me that the media/hdd is not linkable in newenigma2 image, and thats why mount of the Esata fails, is there a workarround for this?

I am not looking for using CIFS, i want the Esata to work, since i have the drives, and dont want the extra traffic on my network.

Hope you guys can help me out, google seems to be clueless on these issues.